Monday, January 26, 2009

Pure Love is This

I was just so overwhelmed today. I went to the doctor with one of my WithChild clients, who is a birthmother planning to place her child for adoption. We were all there: the birthmother, her teenage daughter, the adoptive parents and me. The love...the pure, unselfish love...that this woman is showing her unborn child by placing her for adoption is unbelievable. I have so much respect for her, because she is doing what she feels is best for her unborn daughter, at great cost to herself. Every time I am around her I am struck by her grace in the midst of this difficult circumstance. Of course, I am also very happy for the adoptive family...knowing the blessing that will soon penetrate every nook and cranny of their lives and their hearts.

1 comment:

Nicolita said...

I agree, Michele, and marvel at how you are uniquely qualified to be this young mother's cheerleader. She needs that and God is using you to speak truth and encouragement into her life. I am so happy to see that you are exactly in the right role to be used of God in the life of this mother and child. And to be blessed in the process......who could ask for more?? Smooches!