Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life

I had to laugh as I watched Dave Ramsey today. He was talking about he and his wife feeling out of place at an event and said, "I felt like a hot dog in a steakhouse". That just cracked me up. I've often felt like a hot dog in a steakhouse, too, but usually I feel like the baked potato (rimshot).

Speaking of food, I've lost my appetite. Well, it isn't completely gone but it seems to have its bags packed and be on its way out. I was standing in the grocery store yesterday and could not think of even one thing that sounded appealing to eat. I marveled at this. I'm sure it's a passing thing and had everything to do with the stress of the day (weeks...months). In fact, as I sit here I ponder the taste of a Caramel Macchiato. Does that count as food?

I'm almost done with Beth Moore's Esther Bible study. It has been exactly what I needed at this time of my life. I have learned a lot from the study about the subject, God and myself. Beth's delivery STILL makes me feel like she is yelling at me every week, but since most people don't feel that way I have to chalk it up to a personality thing. I truly like her transparency, and like the content...but that delivery thing hangs me up a bit. The best thing I've learned so far is that we should not live our life fearing the 'what ifs', but rather trust God to the point that even if the 'what if' happened He would see us through. I was also moved by the instruction to be brave in making decisions.

May each of you go forth today bathed in Christ's love.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Be brave in making decisions. Hmm. Sounds like something I need help with.

H.E.A. said...

Thanks for the encouragement!