Thursday, April 23, 2009

My dream

Much like MLK Jr., I have a dream. My dream is that Allison get the boot on American Idol. Sooooo close to going last night, but noooooo. I will need to endure one more week of her marbles-in-the-mouth singing and looking at her bad dye job. She has seriously got. to. go. Okay, enough about her. This post is about the REAL dream that I had two nights ago. I had a dream that I was at the gym and right before I was set to work out someone gave me a ginormous burrito. I started eating it, and before I knew it the entire thing was gone. Because I had just scarfed down such a honkin' big meal, I decided not to work out thinking, "what's the point"? This dream just cracked me up in its ability to relay my real life. Other than the fact that I wouldn't eat a huge burrito...at the gym...it was pretty much spot on in terms of my thinking since I stopped my water aerobics this week out of discouragement. i LOVE water aerobics, i just don't love my lack of discipline in other areas so that the water aerobics pays off. I am working out SO hard, and then blowing it with my senseless fill-my-piehole eating. ugh. I watch the Biggest Loser contestants weigh in and think, "oh, I'd love to have lost 4 pounds this week" as I lick the soft vanilla ice cream from the edges of my ice cream sandwich. I look at their toned bodies and want MY arms to be sculpted, but it doesn't seem to be happening with my daily exercise of opening and closing the mailbox. (insert ashamed face here). With my water aerobics I was seeing physical improvements (and am resuming on Monday) so I still have hope. The sun will come out tomorrow and so will my biceps.

2 comments:

Renee Teetsel said...

Big Sister says: "Wise woman not speak to/of self in a way that she would not speak to/of another." (How much did you CONGRATULATE yourself for going to water aerobics when you were going faithfully??)

Honestly now...when you near the end of your life, will you really be thinking, "If only I'd had sculpted upper arms in my 50's, I could die happy!"

Be good to yourself.

Marie said...

You can do it! Keep going...