Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Anonymously Yours

Reading Marie's blog has reminded me (again) how much I despise "anonymous" posts. Honestly, isn't the internet/blogging anonymous enough without calling oneself "Anonymous"? Invariably, anonymous posters post negative comments. This results in something much like a hit and run accident. They do damage and then high tail it away from the scene of the crime, leaving the poor victim to wonder what in the heck just hit them. How spineless does an individual have to be to hide behind the cloak of "anonymous"? Perhaps I don't understand it because I tend to own my comments - positive and negative. Really, their self esteem must be even lower than mine is because I like attaching my name to my dumb comments.

So...to all you Debbie Downers of the world (waa waaaah)...who get your kicks posting ugly and hateful things anonymously...stand up and let yourself be seen! The gig is up and your true colors (as Cindy Lauper, non-anonymously, once said) are shining through.

No comments: