Thursday, October 29, 2009

Keep Your Mucus to Yourself

I have a problem with mucus. I admit it. I don't like to eat off people's plates or drink out of people's cups. This goes for the people I love as well. When my kids were little, people always said to me, "Oh, you'll end up sharing your water with your child." To which I would say, "No. Never." To my recollection I held firm to this because I knew...deep down in my being...that I was not one who could drink a glass of water with chewed up goldfish floating in it. I'd rather die a painful, thirsty death than drink a sip of liquid from a cup that had my sweet child's backwash in it (no matter how much I loved them). As my kids have gotten older, and I realize they can actually sip something without backwashing, I can stomach through the occasional sip (opposite side, rim wiped). If it involves a straw...i'm out. If it involves the sharing of a utensil, and I'm second in line, I'm out. When my friends and I go to lunch and someone orders a 'community dessert', I politely tell the waitress that she need not bring me a fork. I know people think this is weird. Oh well.

With my issues in mind, imagine my disgust when twice (twice!) in the last week I've witnessed a Starbuck's employee licking his fingers before dispensing my change. I was so COMPLETELY GROSSED OUT the first time that I called the corporate number and said, "GROSS!!! Do something!" The customer service rep took my info and assured me that the problem would be addressed immediately. In light of this I happily skippity do dawed my way back to Starbucks a few days later to give it another go. Same employee. Same mucus. Same finger. GAG ME. I called again and told the CSR that this time he has lost me as a customer on the days this guy is working. I don't want the poor guy fired, I just don't want his spit on my money. C'mon...it's flu season. Has he heard of the swine flu? He needs to stop his piggy ways.

I think he should get a job at 31 Flavors since he likes to lick things.

1 comment:

Marie said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww