Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dear Neighbor

Dear Neighbor,

I wanted to take a few minutes to thank you (so much) for once again letting your barking dog out at 7 am. I just love the sound of his yelp over, and over and over. It is like a symphony to my ears. It is especially wonderful on mornings, like this morning, when I have hardly slept due to insomnia. Why, it almost makes me giddy to hear that yelp and know that my day can begin and my restless night can end. I can't help but notice that once I am up, the dog stops yelping. How clever. A furry alarm clock. I, for one, would like to roll up a newspaper and hit the snooze button.

I wish I could find some way to repay you for your kindness in thinking about me and the other neighbors in the area. You probably have no idea that your yelping dog symbolizes life and is a constant reminder that (like your dog) no matter how often a door is (symbolically) slammed in our face, we should keep on yelping...I mean trying.

Since it is summer I could be sleeping in and spending my mornings lazily in bed. Thank you for helping me rise and shine in the 7 o'clock hour so that when August comes my early mornings won't be a shock to my system.

I'll think of you every morning (I'm sure),

Your tired neighbor


2 comments:

Marie said...

Stupid dog...

jmgb said...

stupid dog indeed~

we've got one too. i can never decide whether i feel more sorry for it or for myself...sorriness all around:)