Friday, March 13, 2009

Chase...errrrrr

okay, so yesterday i got a notice in the mail that my chase credit card is going to raise my APR from 11.99% to 15.24%. gee thanks, chase! that was the bad news. the good news is that i got them before they got me and cut up my pretty little chase card last october. sadly, for chase...but happily for me i am paying it off next month a full month before they decided to stick it to me. despite my good fortune with my chase account it makes me so mad that these companies are feeding off the responsible people that are continuing to pay their bills. errrrrrrrrrr. one of my friends told me today that she got a notice from her bank that her APR was going to be raised 12 points!! these two aren't the only ones. when i called to ask target to lower the APR on that card they flat out told me, "not only are we not going to lower it for you...we are actually going to be raising it." hey, thanks for the notice!! it is now next in line to be cut, which i will do as soon as i get the official word.

i reiterate again how grateful i am that marie (and devin) shared their enthusiasm about dave ramsey's principles, that i cut cards last year, that i read his book, that i am using CASH and that because of these things i am one step ahead of these banks and credit card companies.

whew.




4 comments:

Marie said...

Hey Chase did that to us too. 7% to 14% because they felt like it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

well, at least i am in great company!

Marie said...

Hey what was that comment???