Monday, March 30, 2009

Crock o' Crap

I've always maintained that cooking is a breeze and have never been able to understand why people say they can't cook. My sarcastic response is usually something along the lines of, "well, can you read?" Because, for the most part if you can read...you can cook. I also love crock pot meals because they are easy, breezy - just like Cover Girl makeup. HOWEVER, the other night I made a crock pot meal that was seriously icky-poo-poo. Here's a picture of it for your enjoyment:


Pretty bad, eh? I think the people who publish bad tasting crock pot meals should be forced to accept Fed-Ex packages of leftovers from cooks like me who fell into their trap by reading titles like, "Oriental Steak and Pea Pods" and listing ingredients like sirloin, rice, pineapple juice and teriyaki. To my family's credit, they actually ate this glumpy slop and said it wasn't too bad. It was high praise considering I once heard, "smells like low tide" after serving a seafood dish. Fortunately, it all just makes me lol.
Disclaimer: The above cook, heretofore known as 'ponytayl', may have had the crockpot turned on the high setting instead of the recommended low setting, resulting in her crock o' crap.

No comments: