Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Two Cents


oh my gosh! i was at the grocery store today using the last of my weekly grocery money. i had $48.91 to spend and when i rang up my groceries (in the u-scan lane that i love so much) my total came to (drum roll please.....) $48.93. i was like a little kid counting out my change and realizing that i might have the EXACT amount of money. the fact that i was off by two cents didn't dampen my experience too much. perhaps my life is just ultra dull these days, but i can't tell you how exciting that was for little pea-brained me!

4 comments:

lgraves said...

hello marie's aunt. i've heard about you for some time but its nice to meet you in person. what do you do for "withchild"? it sounds similar to the organization we partnered with.

Amanda said...

Bless your heart! Your comment was the sweetest thing ever! I've heard about you for YEARS, literally. And, now that I think about it, I'm sure I probably met you at Marie's wedding. Thanks so much for the kind words. We are truly enjoying our little Kate as well as our 3 other little blessings. Marie is so blessed to having a loving family and such a caring aunt. Thanks for thinking of us!
~A

Seven's Heaven said...

Love that! EVery cent matters. Otto Motto which one?

My mom's family is all in North Dakota, 2 farms, my cousin toook over my grandfather's since he died and his father retired but 'works' for him. They are outside Fessenden, 1 1/2 hours east of Bismark. They go to Minot a lot, for doctors and shopping. Do you get back there much? And who lives there? We are really close to those cousins. My mom only had the one brother and it's his family there.

Alisha said...

Marie's Aunt:
ENJOY!
2 lbs pork tender loin
2/3 c honey
1/2 c dijon mustard
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
Place meat in large resealable plastic bag. In a med bowl, mix all ingredients together. Pour marinade over pork. Seal bag for at least 4 hours. Cooked in the oven according to package or in crock pot. (I placed it in the crock pot on low for 4 hours and put foil over pot then put the lid on to keep the moisture in.)